You've taken your Pesticide Training Class, now its time to schedule your NJDEP Exam. Follow these steps to register for an exam.
NJDEP EXAMS REGISTRATION
To streamline the pesticide exam process, a new online Pesticide Applicator Certification Exam Registration (PACER) system has been created and is available for your use immediately. Rutgers University, in partnership with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), spent more than a year planning, coding and developing the PACER system and website to replace the time-intensive paper application process, improving the user experience.
- Online Access: Web-based PACER application is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No More Snail Mail: Upload your support documents online and eliminate the time and expense required to mail them.
- Quick Review Turnaround: Your application will be reviewed within 48 business hours and you will be notified of any problems or concerns with your documentation via email.
- Exam Scheduling: Once in-person exams resume, YOU choose your exam date and location when you register.
- Exam Results: See your exam grades within 7 business days of exam completion.
- Exam Locations: Due to COVID-19, all exams are currently being offered online. When these restrictions are lifted, online exams will continue and in-person exams will resume. For in-person exams, new facilities will be added around the state.
- Exam Times: Online exams are available 24/7. In-person exams will be administered weekdays, evenings and on Saturdays.
- Support: Help desk support is available Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Call for support - 848-932-9271 Option 7
- Manage Others’ Exams: Are you responsible for your organization’s employees? Track and manage exam applications and scheduling for multiple people in PACER. Set up an account in PACER then provide us with the information listed below so we can upgrade your account to Business Manager. Send information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (A pesticide applicator certification license number is required to establish a Business Manager account).
- Business Manager Name
- Business Manager Email Address
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company Business License #
Fees - $115 per each Category exam and the Core exam; $50 for the Private licensing exam*
- Pay online via credit card or e-check, with no extra surcharge
- Purchase Orders will also be accepted via upload
*This fee covers the costs to sustain hosting and maintenance of the PACER system as well as the dedicated professional application review, customer support, and exam proctoring and administration.
We recommend using a laptop or personal computer to complete your registration in the PACER system. The online pesticide applicator certification exams will be offered in Canvas (a learning management system) and they can only be accessed with a laptop or personal computer.
The PACER system and exams are administered by the Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE), part of Rutgers Cooperative Extension at the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station at Rutgers University.
Don't Forget to Study. Training Manuals are available from your local Rutgers Extension Office. Click Here for Details.